Singapore Climate & Temperature
- Singapore, Singapore is at 1°22'N, 103°59'E, 16 m (52 ft). See map.
- Singapore has a tropical wet climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Af) with no dry or cold season as it is constantly moist (year-round rainfall).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Singapore is situated in or near the tropical moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 26.7 degrees Celsius (80.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 1.8 °C (3.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 2150 mm (84.6 inches) which is equivalent to 2150 Litres/m² (52.73 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2064 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Singapore you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Nuevo Rocafuerte, Ecuador (Tropical dry forest biome).
Singapore Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Singapore Climate Graph in Metric Units
Singapore Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Singapore, Singapore Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand - 914.9 kms (568.5 miles) NNW
- Phuket (Airport), Thailand - 980.9 kms (609.6 miles) NW
- Phuket, Thailand - 952.7 kms (592 miles) NW
- Trang, Thailand - 837.7 kms (520.6 miles) NW
- Songkhla, Thailand - 747.1 kms (464.2 miles) NNW
- Narathiwat, Thailand - 611.4 kms (380 miles) NNW
- Kota Bharu, Malaysia - 566.1 kms (351.8 miles) NNW
- Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia - 452.2 kms (281 miles) NNW
- Penang/ Bayan Lepas, Malaysia - 601.2 kms (373.6 miles) NW
- Kuantan, Malaysia - 281.9 kms (175.2 miles) NNW
- Medan, Sumatra, Indonesia - 637.6 kms (396.2 miles) WNW
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - 333.1 kms (207 miles) NW
- Mersing, Malaysia - 121.6 kms (75.6 miles) N
- Malacca, Malaysia - 217.1 kms (134.9 miles) WNW
- Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia - 476.6 kms (296.1 miles) WSW